I knew Godfall would be a big disappointment before I even started playing it and it would seem like the majority of the game media agrees with this. Godfall has seemingly dropped off the map almost no one bothering to cover it anymore. Yesterday, Gearbox released Godfall’s official roadmap and a huge patch for the game.
Gearbox released Godfall’s official roadmap. The first part of the roadmap has already released. December’s update 2.3.15 will be followed by something called a Primal Content Update followed by a paid expansion in 2021. The primal update will be free to whoever owns Godfall while you’ll have to pay for whatever expansion they have cooking in the oven.
Godfall could really use some new content and some interesting areas because what’s there now is as average as it gets. The combat isn’t even top-notch when compared to other games in its genre. And yes, there are other games in its genre because a “looter slasher” (stupid name btw) is nothing, but an ARPG. That’s a topic for a different day, though.
Along with this roadmap Gearbox also released an absolutely huge patch for the game. If you want to go over everything in its entirety click here. I’m only going over what’s exclusive to the PC version of the game here.
- Included a Salvage shortcut for the keyboard (bound to Spacebar).
- Included a Sprint Toggle option for mouse and keyboard.
- Solved an issue where highlighting different augments with a controller and the mouse would render two stat cards at the same time.
- Solved an issue where pressing the Escape key would close all the menus instead of backing out of the current sub-menu.
- Solved an issue where stat cards would not update when navigating with arrow keys or the gamepad left stick after clicking back into the game window with a mouse.
- Solved an issue where the Windowed Fullscreen setting was showing the wrong resolution.
- Solved various issues where the incorrect mouse button icons are displayed in menus.
- Updated mouse button RMB/LMB icons to better display the target button clicked.
Updates with a sword () are based on player feedback collected from our various communities and through support tickets.
There’s a LOT more than this on their official website and I recommend clicking that link if you want to know everything that this update fixes in the game. The PC update is what I like to call a quality of life improvement. Having to reenter the inventory screen every time I pressed the ESC key was annoying and no mass salvage option was a real head-scratcher. Is this enough to bring me back to the game? No. I don’t even have it on my PC anymore, but I’ll be keeping an eye out for that free primal update, and if I like it, I would even consider buying the expansion.
Is this update enough to get you back into Godfall or convince you to buy the game?
I’m Omar. I’m the founder of drakulus.com and the new founder of Petescorner.net. I cover every type of game genre there is and I’m using all of the skills I learned over the last 7 years working on Drakulus to make Pete’s Corner the best it can be. My favorite types of games are strategy, RPGs, and Shooters. That doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy other types of genres. Those are just my top 3. You can expect my brutally honest opinion on what I think of games in long reviews, editorial pieces, and game news coverage.