CD Projekt Red has just released a hotfix for Cyberpunk 2077 on every platform. The hotfix also removed the debug menu from the game on PC meaning no more console commands.
CD Projekt Red has been under fire since they released Cyberpunk 2077. They’ve even had their game removed from the Playstation Store. Today’s patch should put those questions on whether or not CD Projekt could patch the Playstation version of the game or not. I’m not going to include the entire patch notes so if you want to go over it yourself click here.
There’s so much mixed information on this game that’s hard to tell what’s real from what’s not. Do I believe that Cyberpunk is a broken game? No. I think Sony delisted the game because of the statements that the PR team made about refunds. I think Sony went nuclear and removed the game because they were upset CD Projekt Red sent people to them to get refunds for the game.
Here are the patch notes for the PC version of the game.
- [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core, and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
- Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
- Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
- Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn’t mean we don’t want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
- Ray-traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
- Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
- Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.
I’m really sad about the removal of the debug menu from the PC version of the game, but I’m also glad that CD Projekt Red is not against the modding community and aren’t going to pull a Rockstar on anyone that decides to mod their game.
I’m Omar. I’m the founder of drakulus.com and the new founder of Petescorner.net. I cover every type of game genre there is and I’m using all of the skills I learned over the last 7 years working on Drakulus to make Pete’s Corner the best it can be. My favorite types of games are strategy, RPGs, and Shooters. That doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy other types of genres. Those are just my top 3. You can expect my brutally honest opinion on what I think of games in long reviews, editorial pieces, and game news coverage.